Please read the following carefully to understand Eko’s data practices. If you have any questions, please contact us as set out in the “Got any Questions?” section.
We provide additional disclosures and rights for the following jurisdictions:
- If you are a California resident, visit here
- If you are a Nevada resident, visit here
- If you are an Israeli resident, visit here
- If you are a data subject in Europe, visit here
1. Your acknowledgment of this policy
2. What information do we collect?
We collect information from users of our Services in the following ways:
2.1 Information you provide
We collect information that you voluntarily provide when you access, use, or browse the Services. Depending on the service you use, the categories of information we collect include:
2.1.1 Information you provide voluntarily when you use the Site, the App, and/or the Video Platform
- Contact Data: In order to view certain Videos or use certain parts of the Site or App, you may be required to provide us with your name, email address, phone number, and other contact information. This information is also collected when creating an Eko account or when signing up for updates.
- Account Credentials. When creating an Eko account, you may be required to create a username and password.
- Demographic Information. You may provide us with your age, gender, and other demographic information.
- Communications with Eko: We collect information you provide as part of any communications with Eko, by any means, including when providing us feedback or by approaching our customer services or during sales calls.
- Job Applicants: We collect information you provide when applying for a position via the "Careers" page available on the Site, as further detailed under Section 3.1.3 below.
Please note: You may choose to voluntarily provide other information to us that we do not request, and, in such instances, you are solely responsible for such information.
2.1.2 Information you provide voluntarily when you use the Eko Studio
- Users who wish to use the Eko Studio are required to open an Eko Studio account, and such users are required to provide the information detailed in the registration form available on the Site, which includes the user’s full name, email address, username, password and profile image.
- Alternatively, users may open and log-in to their Eko Studio account via one of their existing social network accounts (e.g., Google or Facebook). When you open and login to your Eko Studio account through such existing social network account, then such account provides us with access to certain information, which is detailed and displayed to you in the notice which appears during the integration process, which may include your name, email address, profile photo and user-id on such account. Please read carefully such notice in order to understand what information is made available to us via your social network accounts. We collect your login information and other relevant information necessary to enable us to access your social network accounts in order to collect the abovementioned information. We store the above-mentioned information (or any part of it), in order to achieve the purposes set forth herein. Please remember that the manner in which social networks use, store or disclose your information is governed solely by their policies and we are not responsible for the privacy practices or other actions of such social networks. You hereby acknowledge that such information will be stored even after the linkage to your social network accounts expires, for any reason, unless otherwise required by law.
- Please note that the creator's profile page, which includes metadata generated by use of the Eko Studio, may display information about the creator, the authors of the videos generated via the Eko Studio, people involved in the creation of the video (e.g. actors) and the other contributors to the creation of the video. Your videos, creator's profile page and associated metadata (e.g. titles, descriptions, credits, tags, etc.) are made public and are viewable and otherwise accessible by the general public, unless your account settings have been set to maintain such information private.
2.1.3 Information relating to job applicants
You may use the “Careers” page available on our Site in order to apply for a position at Eko and send us your CV, and in such case the following applies:
- As part of the submission of an application, you will be required to provide your full name, email address and phone number and attach your CV.
- The information collected as part of the application process, including any information included in your CV, may be accessed by our HR department and/or by Eko managers, worldwide, solely for the purposes of evaluation and to enable us to contact you with respect to the recruitment process.
- Please note that if you are successfully recruited to work for Eko, any information collected as part of the application process may be retained by Eko for the purposes of your employment.
2.2 Information we collect automatically
We automatically collect information when you access, use, and browse the Services. The categories of information we automatically collect include:
- Activity Information. We automatically collect information about your activities on the Site, the App and/or the Video Platform, such as the features you use, pages you visit, emails, ads and Videos you view, interactions with Videos, time of day you browse, and your referring and exiting pages.
- Technical Information. We automatically collect technical information such as the type and version of your device and its operating system, the type of browser, screen resolution, device browser and keyboard language, and device identifiers, such as IP address or Ad ID.
- Location Data. We automatically collect location which may be imprecise (such as location derived from an IP address or data that indicates a city or postal code level) or, with your consent, precise (such as latitude/longitude data).
Please note we collect information automatically by using certain tracking technologies such as:
- Log Files, which are files that record events that occur in connection with your use of the Services.
- App Technologies, which are technologies included in our app that are not browser-based like cookies and cannot be controlled by browser settings. For example, our App may include third party SDKs, which is code that send information about your use to a server. These SDKs allow us to track our conversions, bring you advertising both on and off the Services, and provide you with additional functionality.
- Location-Identifying Technologies, which are technologies used to collect your location. For example, GPS, WiFi, and Bluetooth may be used to collect precise location data when you consent to precise location tracking through our app. Location data may be used for purposes such as verifying your device’s location and delivering or restricting relevant content and advertising based on that location.
For further information on how we use tracking technologies for analytics and advertising, and your rights and choices regarding them, see the “Analytics and Advertising” and “Your Rights and Choices” sections below.
2.3 Information from other sources
We also obtain information from other sources. The categories of sources from which we collect information, and have collected from in the past 12 months, include:
- Publicly-available sources, including data in the public domain.
- Data brokers, from which we purchase data to supplement the data we collect.
- Social networks with which you interact.
- Business Partners that offer co-branded services, sell or distribute products, or engage in marketing or advertising activities.
3. How do we use the information we collect?
- Enable the operation and management of the Services, including the Site, the App, and the Video Platform;
- Perform services requested by you, such as responding to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide you with technical assistance and customer support;
- Ensure that content on the Services is presented in an optimal way for you and for your device (e.g. tablet, mobile phone);
- Conduct internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and statistical purposes;
- Send you transactional communications, notices, announcements, and additional information related to Eko including with respect to changes made to our Services’ policies;
- Keep the Services safe and secured and to prevent and address fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm;
- Comply with our legal and contractual obligations and in order to be able to protect our rights and legitimate interests;
- Maintain our data processing records and general administrative purposes;
- Use it for customization and improvement of our Services and other Eko websites, apps, technologies, marketing efforts, products and services;
- Enhance and personalize the user’s experience on the Site, the App, and/or the Video Platform;
- With respect to our Videos, understand your Video preferences and personalize your experience and advertising on the Services, including for our business partners;
- Develop and send you information about our and other parties’ products and services (for example, we may send you email and, if you opt-in, push notifications regarding content that may be of interest to you).
- Provide you with advertising and send you offers;
- Conduct promotions, including verifying your eligibility and delivering prizes in connection with your entries;
- Fulfill any other purpose at your direction; and
- With notice to you and your consent.
Notwithstanding the above, we may use information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we use information about you, please see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
4. Sharing of information
- Group Companies: We share information with members of our group of companies, including where they act as our service provider or for their own purposes.
- Service Providers: We share information with service providers who perform services and process information on our behalf, including without limitation, hosting services, payment processing services, analytics services, authentication and fraud prevention services, and marketing services. We contractually prohibit our service providers from retaining, using, or disclosing information about you for any purpose other than performing the service for us, although we may permit them to use information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law.
- Vendors and Other Parties: We share information with vendors and other parties for analytics and advertising purposes. These parties may act as our service providers, or in certain context, independently decide how to process your information. For more information on advertising and analytics, see the “Analytics and Advertising” section below.
- Business Partners: We share information with our partners in connection with offering co-branded services, selling or distributing products, or engaging in marketing or advertising activities.
- Promotions: Our promotion may be jointly sponsored or offered by other parties. When you voluntarily enter a promotion, we share information as set out in the official rules that govern the promotion as well as for administrative purposes and as required by law (e.g., on a winners list). By entering a promotion, you agree to the official rules that govern that promotion, and may, except where prohibited by applicable law, allow the sponsor and/or other entities to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing materials.
- Public Forums: We share information you make public through the Services, such Videos you post as a creator. Please think carefully before making information public as you are solely responsible for any information you make public. Once you have posted information, you may not be able to edit or delete such information, subject to additional rights set out in the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
For avoidance of doubt, Eko may share information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we share information about you, please see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
5. Other parties
We offer parts of our Services through websites, platforms, and services operated and controlled by other parties. In addition, we integrate technologies operated or controlled by other parties into parts of our Services.
Some examples include:
- Liking, Sharing, and Logging-In. We may embed a third party pixel or SDK on our Services that allows you to “like” or “share” content on, or log-in to your account through social media. If you visit a page that contains such integration, we may receive information from the social network that you have authorized to share with us. Please note that the social network may independently collect information about you through the integration.
6. Analytics and advertising
We use analytics services, such as those offered by Google, Snowplow and Appsflyer, to help us understand how users access and use the Services. In addition, we work with agencies, advertisers, ad networks, and other parties, such as Facebook and Google, to place ads about our products and services on other websites and services.
As part of this process, we may incorporate tracking technologies from us and our vendors and other parties into our own Services (including our website and emails) as well as into our ads displayed on other websites and services. These tracking technologies may collect data across time and services for purposes of measuring conversions or actions you take, associating the various devices you use, and serving ads and/or other content targeted to your interests (“Interest-based Advertising”). For instance, we incorporate pixels and SDKs from Facebook and Google on the Services, and may share information with them for these purposes as well as to provide you with other functionality.
We also use audience matching services (which is a type of Interest-Based Advertising) to reach people (or people similar to people) who have visited our Services or are identified in one or more of our databases (“Matched Ads”). This is done by us sharing a list of hashed emails with an ad partner or incorporating a pixel or SDK from an ad partner into our own Services, and the ad partner matching common factors between our data and their data or other datasets. For instance, we use Facebook Custom Audiences to serve ads to our players on Facebook and Facebook Lookalike Audiences to serve ads to users on Facebook similar to our players.
7. Your rights and choices
7.1 Account information
You may have certain choices with respect to information in your Eko account. For example, you can update or remove the information you have provided in your profile, or delete your account. We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity. Please note that even if you remove information or delete your account, we will retain and use information about you as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
7.2 Tracking technology choices
- Do Not Track. Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, unless and until the law is interpreted to require us to do so, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “Do Not Track” signals. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
- App and location technologies. You can stop all collection of information via an app by uninstalling the app. You can also reset your device Ad Id at any time through your device settings, which is designed to allow you to limit the use of information collected about you. You can stop all collection of precise location data through an app by uninstalling the app or withdrawing your consent through your device settings.
Please be aware that if you disable or remove tracking technologies some parts of the Services may not function correctly.
7.3 Analytics and interest-based advertising
You may opt out of the use of certain information collected by Google Analytics at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and by Google Analytics for Display Advertising or the Google Display Network at https://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb.
The companies we work with to provide you with targeted ads are required by us to give you the choice to opt out of receiving targeted ads. Most of these companies are participants of the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) and/or the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). To learn more about the targeted ads provided by these companies, and how to opt out of receiving certain targeted ads from them, please visit (i) for website targeted ads from DAA participantshttps://www.aboutads.info/choices; (ii) for app targeted ads from DAA participantshttps://www.aboutads.info/appchoices; and (iii) for targeted ads from NAI participantshttps://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. Opting out only means that the selected participants should no longer deliver certain targeted ads to you, but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads (e.g., in connection with the participants’ other customers or from other technology services).
To limit targeted advertising in our Apps, visit your device settings and: (i) reset your Advertising Identifier; and (2) turn off “Ad Personalization” (Android) or turn on “Limit Ad Tracking” (iOS).
To opt out of us sharing your hashed email address for Matched Ads, please contact us at email@example.com and specify that you wish to opt out of Matched Ads. We will remove your email address from any subsequent lists shared with ad partners for purposes of Matched Ads.
Please note that if you opt out using any of these methods, the opt out will only apply to the specific browser or device from which you opt out. We are not responsible for the effectiveness of, or compliance with, any opt out options or programs, or the accuracy of any other entities’ statements regarding their opt out options or programs.
- E-mails. You can opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us at any time by following the instructions as provided in emails to click on the unsubscribe link, or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject field of the email. Please note that you cannot opt-out of non-promotional emails, such as those about your account, transactions, servicing, or our ongoing business relations.
- Push-Notifications. If you have opted-in to receive push notifications on your device, you can opt-out at any time by adjusting the permissions in your device or uninstalling our App.
Please note that your opt out is limited to the email address and device used and will not affect subsequent subscriptions.
8. Data transfer
The Services are intended for general audiences, and not directed toward children. Eko does not knowingly collect personal information (as defined by the U.S. Children’s Privacy Protection Act, or “COPPA”) from children under 13. If you are a parent or guardian and believe we have collected personal information in violation of COPPA, contact us at email@example.com. We will remove the personal information in accordance with COPPA.
10.1 We take reasonable and appropriate security measures designed to maintain the security and integrity of our Services to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Please note, however, that there are inherent risks in transmission of information over the Internet or other methods of electronic storage and we cannot guarantee the security of information about you.
12. Got any questions?
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail: 235 Park Ave S., New York, NY 100324 (Attention: Privacy)
JBF Interlude Ltd.
JV Interactive Ventures LLC
Last Revised: October 14, 2020