VP, Brand DevelopmentBrand Development, New York
At eko, we make great tech that tells great stories, and we use that tech to run the world's only streaming service where all the content is interactive. Now, we need a VP of Brand Development who is passionate about working on the cutting edge of tech and entertainment to help us build this whole new medium.
The VP of Brand Development is a senior business development and partnerships position that will lead revenue generation from advertisers and agencies, and is responsible for defining and scaling our business with brands. eko is defining a new medium and the ways in which brands can play within, so this VP will need to bring experience defining and executing first-of-their-kind, creative, content-driven partnerships with brands, combined with a relentless focus on tactical execution. This position is part of eko’s executive team and will report directly into the Chief Business Officer.
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for meeting team revenue goals in a way that shows unparalleled value to brands. “How?,” you say. Grow the team with top performers, add new brand partners, guide the strategic direction of interactive video ad formats, and define new standards within this evolving and groundbreaking medium – interactive video entertainment.
- Add new brand partners for the eko “Spark” family of ad products, which include user-initiated interactive video brand messages, branded choices within original content, and connections to commerce, all integrated within original interactive serial entertainment, specifically designed for a digital-native audience. Being integrated within the interactive experience, they have 100% viewability, are immune to fraud, and enable the brand to pay only for performance -- real human attention within the content.
- Lead strategic partnerships and business development, working with senior level brand marketers and crafting strategic, complex partnerships. Be client facing and active in the field, and lead and execute 7-figure deals with brand marketers.
- Serve as a key external ambassador to brands and agencies and represent eko at industry events.
Who You Are
- Minimum of 10 years of business development and strategic brand partnership experience with demonstrated ability to define and launch new ad formats
- Highly strategic, consultative approach to working with brand marketers, with a relentless focus on execution.
- Expertise crafting strategic partnerships around native ad formats, commerce-connected and/or branded content experiences.
- Experience in a venture-funded startup environment.
- Minimum of three years of management experience.
- Strong C-suite and VP level relationships with brand marketers.
- Proven track record of meeting team and individual revenue goals. Proven ability to create brand partnerships and close deals, and be in the field selling with his/her team.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA is preferred.
Who We Are
We believe viewer-centric, actually-interactive entertainment is going to change the way we live, and we partner with major studios, creators, talent, and brands to make it a reality. Our authoring tool is available (for free) at eko studio, where independent creators are making waves with their own content. Our investors include Innovation Endeavors, Intel Capital, MGM, NEA, Samsung, Sequoia Capital, Sony Pictures, Warner Music Group, WPP, and Walmart. The company is based in NYC with offices in Tel Aviv.
At eko, we're all artists. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce, so we can represent everyone trying to build a more creative future. We are an equal opportunity employer, considering all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans), sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.Apply here
Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the US and paperwork will be verified prior to and as a condition to hire.
Interlude US Inc. (dba., eko) is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.