Director of DevelopmentContent, New York
At eko, we make great tech that tells great stories, and we use that tech to run the world's only streaming service where all the content is interactive. We live and breathe choice-driven entertainment - a whole new way of making content apart from standard linear route. Now, we need a Director of Development who is passionate about working on the cutting edge of tech and entertainment to help us build this whole new medium and to champion choice-driven entertainment to our partners.
eko is looking for an experienced and dynamic Director of Development to build and lead the Development team and lead this initiative. You will be responsible for sourcing, maintaining and developing a slate of high-quality interactive projects that include fiction, non-fiction and brand-friendly content. You will manage and guide eko Development Producers and build out best practices that are easily communicated internally to different eko departments and externally to the production, agency and gaming community. You will work with our internal teams and production partners from ideation through greenlight, ensuring creative excellence every step of the way. This is a unique chance to be a part of an outstanding team to help lead the way to a new form of storytelling where the user controls the story.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Be the main point of contact for sourcing and evaluating incoming pitches from external partners.
- Be a leading voice internally and externally to teach partners how to make great choice-driven content for eko.
- Manage a growing team of Development Producers to build a slate of dynamic interactive projects across genres and styles and assign projects to the optimal team.
- Ensure the standard that eko originals are as innovative as possible, focusing on choice and interactivity
- Work with the team and our partners to develop initial pitches and build deliverable materials that expertly take them from ideation to greenlight.
- Build and maintain materials and best practices to show potential partners how to make a great eko Original.
- Maintain strong and communicative relationships with key Production partners
- Be the liaison to our partnerships team to source ideas based around key initiatives.
- Work with eko departments and Specialists to ensure an agile and collaborative style.
- Work with Business Affairs and Legal to close individual and overall deals.
- Work with external casting resources to vet casting proposals and build ideal cast wish lists.
OUR DREAM CANDIDATE HAS
- Embraces the eko startup culture and methods. Is flexible and can work in a non-traditional environment with ever-evolving processes
- Extensive experience building and maintaining a Development Slate identifying and delivering high quality, successful projects.
- Understands, embraces and is excited about the complicated process of making interactive shows and building a new way of storytelling.
- Has experience working on fiction, non-fiction and branded short-form content.
- Has strong relationships in the entertainment, agency and gaming community.
- Is an inspiring, charismatic and collaborative leader willing to teach what they know and learn from others.
- Knows how to work cross-functionally with key departments including Product, Business Affairs, Marketing, Sales and Production.
- Has familiarity with technology and new media
WHO WE ARE
We believe viewer-centric, actually-interactive entertainment is going to change the way we live, and we partner with major studios, creators, talent, and brands to make it a reality. Our authoring tool is available (for free) at eko studio, where independent creators are making waves with their own content. Our investors include Innovation Endeavors, Intel Capital, MGM, NEA, Samsung, Sequoia Capital, Sony Pictures, Warner Music Group, WPP, and Walmart. The company is based in NYC with offices in Tel Aviv.
At eko, we're all artists. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce, so we can represent everyone trying to build a more creative future. We are an equal opportunity employer, considering all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans), sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.Apply here
Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the US and paperwork will be verified prior to and as a condition to hire.
Interlude US Inc. (dba., eko) is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.